Hi,

> El 2 nov 2017, a las 10:15, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
> escribió:
>
> I don't think that's a hard requirement, but grabbing binaries from
> non-standard places is not a good thing in general and might raise
> questions from release reviewers.
>
> However, IIUC the NetBeans build strongly checks the digests of all
> binaries that it uses, which makes it less of a problem.

Bertrand, these last two paragraphs broke my email compiler with the following
errors/warnings: :-)

- “non-standard places” and “release reviewers” are undefined.
- the compiler also raised warnings while parsing “I don’t think”, “might raise
questions” and “less of a problem”, stating that those were ambiguous.

Now, seriously, I think it could be a good idea to talk to those “release
reviewers” and ask them what the possible problems could be.

That way we could start working on a solution that avoids those “less problems”
in the future, as well as the one stated in your last paragraph, here:

> Downloading binaries from locations which have an uncertain future
> (like hg.netbeans.org/binaries IIUC) means people might be unable to
> build NetBeans in the future, and that's not good, just from a
> practical and sustainability standpoint - so might be frowned upon as
> well, but less so for a first incubating release.
>
> -Bertrand

Un abrazo,
Antonio