Ideally, we'd remove Hibernate completely. However, if we can't, there's
various other options too explore (i.e., the ideas provided by Jan in this
thread).

What would be the blockers to removing Hibernate completely, i.e., all
support for it in every possible way? It doesn't seem like a very critical
part of NetBeans. If we could put the Hibernate feature onto GitHub or
somewhere, as suggested by Sven, that would be a great step forward.

Gj