> Having an Electron-like build and deploy system that uses the HTML/Java
> library and a JVM rather than node. That sounds like a powerful thing to have
> in our armoury for developers to use. The question of whether the IDE should
> migrate to that if it proves viable - that's a whole other distraction for a
> future time IMO.

We have that already for quite some time. The only thing missing are the
non-commercial non-JavaFX presenters. And I think there's enough presenters
around at DukeScript that prove it's possible to port to a new one like ECF or
directly to Chromium Content API.

What I would find way more interesting is a POC as Geertjan demanded. One that
proofs that we could run the IDE on top  of it.

--Toni