I think we need to plan a separate contribution workflow without GitHub (see my
other thread 'How to participate in Apache NetBeans without a GitHub account?').

Right now we are tied to GitHub and it's impossible to be involved in anything
without jumping onto GitHub.

There is a high change of some contributors avoiding NetBeans if we are
GitHub-only.

Demoting GitHub to a plain git remote is fine. We need to take care of PRs
(code review / comments).

--emi