Hi Emilian,

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 8:33 AM, Emilian Bold <emilian.b...@protonmail.ch>
wrote:

> I think we need to plan a separate contribution workflow without GitHub
> (see my other thread 'How to participate in Apache NetBeans without a
> GitHub account?').
>
> Right now we are tied to GitHub and it's impossible to be involved in
> anything without jumping onto GitHub.

Not sure if (or why) it is impossible to be involved without GitHub. AFAIK
anyone can subscribe to this mailing list, checkout from the Git repo on
Apache:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-netbeans.git

and send patches to this mailing list. (Or maybe links to patches, if this
list strips attachments.)

My view is that we are using GitHub because it is more convenient.

Jan