On Mon, 3 Sep 2018 at 18:21, Kenneth Fogel <kfo...@dawsoncollege.qc.ca> wrote:
> I don’t want to bore my audience with too much background. I was thinking of
> downloading and running Praxis as a demo of NetBeans as a platform.

Nice! :-)  Thanks for that.  Have responded to your Twitter message
about examples, but wanted to say that on here too.

If you're looking for contextual photos of the NetBeans editor in
weird places btw, I was using it to live-code lambdas to make
breakbeat music at a Sheffield Algorave last week -
https://sophiadigitalart.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/20180901_204029.jpg

Of course, fun aside, a lot of focus for me at the moment is on IoT,
data and media processing uses of PraxisCORE -
https://www.praxislive.org/core/.  This is the actor-based live
programming runtime that makes it all work.  What may not be obvious
from the main PraxisLIVE download is that there are actually two
platform applications here, potentially running in multiple VMs.
PraxisLIVE is based on the full IDE as a platform. PraxisCORE on the
NetBeans Runtime Container (ie. CLI no GUI) as per
https://platform.netbeans.org/tutorials/nbm-runtime-container.html  No
idea whether / how that could fit into what you're saying about the
platform, but I do find those two extremes of potential uses of the
RCP really powerful to work with.

Best wishes,

Neil