Hi all,
  with today's build the exception are fixed and Gradle projects generated
by Spring Initializr can be opened, built and tested.

I found some minor annoyances for which I opened NETBEANS-2035, 2036, 2037
and 2038.

The next step would be to be able to run and debug the project as Martin
pointed out (the buttons and context menu items are currently grayed out).

Keep up the good work Laszlo!

Regards,
Alex