Hello all,

Am Mittwoch, den 13.02.2019, 20:01 +0100 schrieb Matthias Bläsing:
> Am Mittwoch, den 13.02.2019, 10:44 -0800 schrieb Laszlo Kishalmi:
> > BTW, as we are not really going to release this build and that would be
> > true for the next one.
> > Shall we play the release dance and upload everything to the staging
> > area and create vote threads?
>
> we can skip this. We have a release blocker right in the LICENSE file:
>
> [JavaFX binaries are packaged with Apache NetBeans]
>
> @Toni, could you please have a look at the comments in the JavaFX PR:
>
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/917
>
> and the corresponding issue:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-1995

I intent to revert the changes that were committed as the PR titled
"Fragments for libs.javafx with JavaFX 11 implementation #917".

The primary reason: the PR messes with the build process and let it
look like GPLv2-CP runtime libraries are pulled into the build.

Secondary reasons:

- the local maven repository is hardcoded to $HOME/.m2

=> Anyone using a windows installation with roaming profiles and a not
so fast network will know, that having .m2 at the default location is a
bad idea

- the m2 url handler will not handle non Maven-Central URLs

=> There are other popular maven repositories (bintray), that might be
relevant for us.

While looking into this, I noticed, that the generation of license file
needs rereview, as the per-nbm files also contain per-file licenses for
files not included in that nbm. Maybe both problems can be tackled
togehter.

Greetings

Matthias