As stated, I am now going to open a VOTE thread, since we have had some
discussion now on this topic, in this thread, as well as in various others,
and everyone has had a chance to comment on our becoming a top level
project and there appears to be consensus around this. However, a VOTE
thread is needed to finalize this -- and I am now going to put together
that VOTE thread.

Gj