Thanks for the tips Venkatesh
Hi Mark,

Welcome.
I am a newbie to the project myself and therefore some of the tricks i used
are fresh in my mind.
(though i use intellij).

I suspect a key differentiator here is the use of Maven , which is
completely different from Ant and in a good way for the most part.

Here are some key points around the project organization.

a_ The Project uses Maven (https://maven.apache.org/) for building the
project. Its a multi-module maven project. I would suggest taking a quick
look at the Maven FAQ and User Guide.

b_ The root of the project is NiFi. Multi-module Maven projects are modular
in structure (hence the name). In NiFi the module dependencies are binary
i.e. each maven module, from a 100-feet view can be considered a stand-alone
project and simply imports its nifi dependencies like any other project.
There is nothing special about them except that they all live together in a
single repo.

c_ The key files to look at in maven are the pom.xml that are present in the
root of each project. I would start with importing the project into Eclipse
as a maven project thereby letting maven set the classpath for the project.
Start by looking at the pom.xml at the root i.e. NiFI and then go from
there.