What are the debug logs telling you on the NCM and Nodes when you have it
configured as (4)?

I would be curious as to what the debug logs say on the sending NiFi when
you add a RPG using  http://56.72.192.81:8080/nifi?
If it accepts the URL and adds the RPG to the graph, then the communication
with the NCM on 8080 worked. Next the sending NiFi will try to talk to the
NCM using the nifi.remote.input.socket.host and
nifi.remote.input.socket.port configured on your NCM. The NCM will respond
with the URLs (nifi.remote.input.socket.host and
nifi.remote.input.socket.port configured on each Node).  The sending NiFi
has to be able to resolve and communicate with all these addresses.
Finally the sending NiFi will load-balance data smartly across all Nodes.

So the question is where in that process is it failing to establish a
connection?  The logs when in debug mode will tell us.  I would set it up
as (4) and use the http://56.72.192.81:8080/nifi url to add the RPG.  Make
sure you enabled debug and take look in your logs for all
org.apache.nifi.remote
lines on the sending NiFi and the NCM.

Matt