Bob

Please don’t feel like your question about Hive was ignored. It is a very valid
question that took some time for us to come to terms with ;)
Yes indeed we are thinking about it as we have similar problem with JMS
providers. The core issue here is the class path of all that is required by the
driver and indeed Hive requires a lot.
There is an issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-981 where this is
already been discussed. We are also considering a raw ORC sink instead of
interacting with Hive via JDBC etc.
The bad news; As of right now we don’t have much to offer
The good news; We certainly plan to have that in 0.5.0 and I am hoping that
even before 0.5 will have something in the snapshot that you can try.

So, you won’t need to wait for 1.0, but you may need to wait a little bit ;)

Cheers
Oleg

On Dec 1, 2015, at 6:30 PM, Bob ZHao