That’s my bad, and I can’t blame bourbon this time :)

Hadoop has an annotation class for InterfaceStability [1]. It is used to
annotate interfaces with a “contract” about whether they are likely to change
or not (example [2]). They use values like Stable, Unstable, and Evolving,
explained in javadoc [3].  I thought maybe this was the kind of thing you were
referring to when you mentioned annotating NiFi classes with a sort of contract
about their potential volatility?

Regards,
Matt

[1]