I've been reading up on how provenance works (thank you, Thad, for pointing me
to that video - it was very helpful). It looks like it could definitely help me
instead of my many PutFiles I've been using in the past. (In fact, the PutFiles
now clutter the lineage diagram so I want to get rid of them!)

I have a couple of questions:1) Is there a way to see the name of the processor
on the Provenance graph diagram (show lineage)? I know if I click on show
details I can see the name of the processor, but I think it might be helpful to
see it in the graph along with the event that occurred. (An "expand all" button
might also be helpful, though I suppose that can get out of hand if there are a
lot of processors that processed a flowfile).
2) I use nifi site-to-site to send some processors to another nifi for special
processing, and then the flowfile (actually a child flowfile) is sent back to
the first nifi. It looks like the lineage ends at the "send" event, when the
flowfile is sent from Nifi 1 to the remote Nifi 2. I would like to be able to
see when that flowfile is received again by Nifi 1 so I that on Nifi 1, I can
see the entire lineage - flowfile processed by several processors on Nifi 1,
sent to Nifi 2, then returned back to Nifi 1 and processed by more processors.
I know I won't see the lineage that occurred on Nifi 2 from Nifi 1, and that's
OK - I just want to see that the flowfile came back instead of having to search
for it.
I am quite impressed by what Nifi provenance can do, and wish I'd known more
about it sooner. Thank you!-Elli

    On Wednesday, January 20, 2016 6:16 PM, Thad Guidry <thadgui...@gmail.com>