Given the direction of Nifi's milestones and future plans, and not just for
i18N support, but for various other reasons such as Natural
Templates(allows prototyping without breaking anything !) and the talk of
this thread, error and validation messages, property editors, etc....

I would highly recommend Thymeleaf 3 as a template engine.  (HTML5
supported already and i18N and its Spring supported.)  We also like it at
Ericsson. :)

http://www.thymeleaf.org/

http://docs.spring.io/spring/docs/current/spring-framework-reference/html/view.html#view-thymeleaf

Below URL is a Step by Step on a JSP conversion process (your Java code,
Javascript, & CSS all can remain unchanged.)  Old JSPs can remain and just
move into an /old_viewlayer folder such as this demonstrates:

 http://www.thymeleaf.org/doc/articles/petclinic.html

Thad