Matt thanks for your reply

I guess what I am saying in that case - if there is an error in a FlowFile,
then the processor that detects this cannot proceed so instead of calling an
action to penalize the FlowFile it raises an exception OutOFServiceException or
ProcessorException.
You could have an exception cause PeanilisedFlowFileException for this case.

But within the processor other error causes may arise for an
OutOFServiceException

The point is that if the processor threw this exception then there can be a
duration configuration - a time limit to keep this processor out of service and
the connection to it and possibly any processors leading upto it - Naturally
this will need to be indicated on the DFM - this will free resources and make
the flow well behaved.

Environmental failures will simply be a different category/cause of error that
can be wrapped/captured also with a more general one

With Kind Regards
Michael de Courci
mdecou...@gmail.com