Shweta,

Looks like your missing the snappy native library. I have seen this several
times before. Assuming your on a linux machine you have 2 options. You can
copy the libsnappy.so native library to your JAVA_HOME/jre/lib native
directory. Or you can set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to where your
libsnappy.so native library is located on the machine.

I believe if you closely examine the files that are being written to HDFS
with a .snappy extension you will see that in fact that are not actually
snappy compressed.

Jeremy Dyer