When you say you pointed LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the location of libsnappy.so, do
you mean just the setting of the “mapreduce.admin.user.env” property in
mapred-site.xml, or the actual environment variable before starting NiFi?  The
mapred-site settings won’t be used as PutHDFS does not use MapReduce. If you do
something like:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/hdp/2.2.0.0-1084/hadoop/lib/native
bin/nifi.sh start

That should let PutHDFS know about the appropriate libraries.