Same here. Internationalization is often implemented as properties
files/resources, where you possibly load in a file based on the system
setting for Locale (like processor_names_en_US.properties). If we were
to do internationalization this way (i.e. a non-code based solution,
which is more flexible), then ironically displayName() might/should be
deprecated in favor of using the value of name() as the key in a
properties/lookup file; the corresponding value would be the
appropriate locale-specific "display name".

Brandon's links show this approach, I have seen this i18n approach on
other projects/products and it seems to work pretty well.

Regards,
Matt