Github user mosermw commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/453#issuecomment-220499039

    @eorgad your interest and willingness to get involved with the NiFi
community is certainly appreciated.  In this case, I don't think the Travis
build failed on the code in this PR.  If you run "mvn clean install
-Pcontrib-check" in your branch successfully, then that should give you
confidence that your PR will be fine.

    I do think there is value to a PutSCP processor over using ExecuteProcess.
I personally wouldn't want to remember the specifics of the scp command in
order to configure ExecuteProcess properly, so PutSCP would be a boon right
there.

    I think special care is needed to design this processor to the strengths
and limitations of the scp protocol.  For instance the PutSFTP processor will
first sftp.put() to a temporary file, then sftp.rename() that temp file to the
intended permanent name (this is to avoid the possibility that automated
processes on the remote host pick up an incomplete file in the middle of
transfer).  PutSFTP also has options to sftp.setMtime(), sftp.chmod(), and
sftp.chown().  I'm not sure how much of this interaction is supported in the
scp protocol.

    For processors like ListSCP or GetSCP, which probably would need to rely on
getting a directory listing on the remote host, I'm having a difficult time
determining if the scp protocol can do this.  I can see a FetchSCP, though,
when it's given a specific filename on the remote host to transfer into NiFi.

---
with INFRA.
---