Dan,

Ingesting Microsoft Journals seem like a great suggestion for a new
processor ( ParseExchangeJounal ?).

Regarding TNEF: As far as I know, Apache Commons - Mail does not pase
"winmail.dat"
type attachments. As far as I understand the only ASL compatible
implementation of a TNEF extractor is Apache's POI and even that
implementation is not part of POI's main release.

If TNEF support is required we will ether have to code from scratch or
perhaps use https://github.com/koodaamo/tnefparse together with
ExecuteScript (although since tnefparse  is LGPL, this solution cannot be
packaged as part of NiFi).

Cheers