Thanks for the additional information.  Seems like a helpful improvement
given those conditions.

To clarify, in the issued response by HandleHTTPResponse, you would only
want the attributes of the incoming FlowFile (if any) to be transmitted and
the associated status code?

When you mention the message giving a 200 response, are you looking for the
case strictly where the message succeeds in responding, avoiding those
cases where HandleHTTPResponse would transfer a given FlowFile to failure?
Or is it the scenario where your processing establishing an HTTP Status
code after the request is received, and that is used when providing the
response through Expression Language.

Would you be able to please file an issue (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI) to capture some of this
information and request?

--Aldrin