Just wanted to mention that one of the JIRAs tagged for 1.2.0 is
NIFI-3380 "support multiple versions of the same component" [1] and
I've been working with Matt Gilman on this [2]. The functionality is
very close to being done and I think we should get this into the 1.2.0
release.

In order to fully leverage the versioned components we will need to
release an updated Maven NAR plugin, so we would do that first and
then release 1.2.0 using the new plugin. If everyone is on-board with
this plan then I can advise when we are ready to release the new
plugin which would be soon.

[2] https://github.com/bbende/nifi/tree/NIFI-3380