ExecuteScript will certainly support a clustered NiFi environment.  Is the
processor actually processing files on both nodes, but only failing on
one?  Is it possible that the cluster's flow routes files through the
processor only on one node?

Also, can you share your script?  It sounds like you have an
InputStreamCallback not getting closed, or maybe an out of date flowfile
reference.