From: Matt Gilman [mailto:matt.c.gil...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2018 04:18
To: dev@nifi.apache.org
Subject: [EXT] Re: NiFi Versioned Process Group Status Icons

Peter,

The status icon for a specific Process Group is hidden until that group is
versioned. That icon is positioned next to the group name.

For the icons in the status bar and in the bottom of the Process Group, we were
ultimately just trying to remain consistent. These reflect the counts of the
encapsulated versioned Process Groups and does not include itself.
Like we have with the status icons for the encapsulated Processors and Ports.
Even if this Process Group is not configured to have any encapsulated
components, we still render the counts as zero.

Additionally, the presence of the icons helps drive awareness of the feature.

Rob or Drew may have some additional insight to add. Hope this helps

Matt