Shawn,

I’m not sure I understand your question.

I am in the process of refactoring the TLS Toolkit to integrate with public
certificate authorities, so in the near future it will be easier to use
certificates signed by external authorities rather than self-signed.

My understanding is that you are talking about the CLI Toolkit rather than the
TLS Toolkit, but your reference to “token” was ambiguous, so I’m going to
proceed with the understanding that you are referring to the JWT token used to
identify an authenticated user when communicating with the NiFi API.

You may want to look at JerseyNiFiClient [1], which has methods for getting
various clients given an authentication token.

You can create the token via the POST /access/kerberos API [2].

[1]
https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-toolkit/nifi-toolkit-cli/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/toolkit/cli/impl/client/nifi/impl/JerseyNiFiClient.java#L163

<https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-toolkit/nifi-toolkit-cli/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/toolkit/cli/impl/client/nifi/impl/JerseyNiFiClient.java#L163>
[2] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/rest-api/index.html