Hi,

I'm working on a task that requires retrieving some StatusHistory objects. I
have a question concerning the getConnectionStatusHistory method in
FlowController.

The method takes parameters for a start date, end date, and preferred  data
points returned.  The call chain then goes as follows:

FlowController.java:

public StatusHistoryDTO getConnectionStatusHistory(final String connectionId,
final Date startTime, final Date endTime, final int preferredDataPoints) {
        return
StatusHistoryUtil.createStatusHistoryDTO(componentStatusRepository.getConnectionStatusHistory(connectionId,
 startTime, endTime, preferredDataPoints));
}

The call to componentStatusRepository.getConnectionStatusHistory(..) passes to
VolatileComponentStatusRepository.java

@Override
public StatusHistory getConnectionStatusHistory(final String connectionId,
final Date start, final Date end, final int preferredDataPoints) {
   return getStatusHistory(connectionId, true, DEFAULT_CONNECTION_METRICS);
}

But at this point the start/end/preferred parameters are ignored as
getStatusHistory is called without making any use of them.

I had provided the filter parameters since I was only interested in a subset of
objects. Am I missing something in this call chain? If not, is the dropping of
these parameters intentional but undocumented? If not intentional I can update
the code to honor these parameters, but I wanted to see if the ignoring of the
parameters should have been expected. If it is, perhaps some comment in the
code indicating that the parameters will be ignored would be helpful in
preventing one from thinking they are going to be utilized.

Thanks,
Mark