Hi,

I'm having a 3 nodes( ver 1.9.2) cluster running in production. As infra is
unreliable due to various factors, our nodes go down often. We don't have
distinction between dev and prod cluster. We modify, deploy, test in the
same cluster. However, when one of the node goes down NiFi restricts us to
modify the state of the flow by throwing warning window in the attachment.

I read
<https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#flow-election>
that if a node in the cluster is disconnected and comes back again, flow
election happens. I would like to understand the motivation for not
allowing the change of flow in the above scenario.
I was thinking why can't the latest node joining to the cluster pull a most
elected flow.xml.gz from the cluster and apply it to itself?

Regards,
Purushotham Pushpavanth