Thank you Mike and Lars for your feedback!

I like your idea of "a second constructor that allows you to set a boolean flag
to put in a "file-only" mode."I think that is the most graceful way forward.

I think we are OK with not having another validator for validating folders as
being folders as it seems that it can be done using the code that already
exists [1][2]

[1]
https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/main/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-standard-bundle/nifi-standard-processors/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/processors/standard/GetFile.java#L115[2]

https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/main/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-standard-bundle/nifi-standard-reporting-tasks/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/controller/MonitorDiskUsage.java#L55
Thank You!

Nissim
    On Saturday, November 28, 2020, 03:56:38 PM EST, Mike Thomsen