Joe, I don’t know if we can make the case for a stand alone processor for doing
this on top of that, if so, I’d be willing to take a look at that.

From: Otto Fowler <ottobackwa...@gmail.com>
Reply: Otto Fowler <ottobackwa...@gmail.com>
Date: March 19, 2022 at 13:40:07
To: dev@nifi.apache.org <dev@nifi.apache.org>, Phil H <gippyp...@gmail.com>
Subject:  Re: SplitContent doesn’t support regex?

In the Apache Metron Project (in the attic now) we used
https://github.com/nishihatapalmer/byteseek to do pcap searches, maybe you can
check that out.

From: Phil H <gippyp...@gmail.com>
Reply: dev@nifi.apache.org <dev@nifi.apache.org>
Date: March 16, 2022 at 20:04:58
To: dev@nifi.apache.org <dev@nifi.apache.org>

I dunno about a good implementation…

I did a similar extension of GetTCP to allow for a regex EOM rather than a
single byte. It works, but I don’t feel like it was done in the spirit of
the existing processor!