James

Some are definitely less fun than others with Hive being the most notable.

I should rephrase my vendor thing on point one: It is as far as I know all
vendor supported Hadoop components.  Whether NiFi is or not is a different
point.

Option 2 is the most realistic I suspect but still want to see what people
think.

Basically anything which depends on the ‘hadoop-client’ maven artifact is
where the games begin.

Thanks