Hi community,

I'd like to initiate a discussion about the next release of MiNiFi C++. The
last release was almost four months ago, and there have been many new
features,
bug fixes and stability improvements committed to the development branch
since then: 74 tickets closed, over 80 commits as of today.

I would be happy to take on RM duties for this release.

Notable features and improvements since the 0.14.0 release:

- Several improvements on repository resource handling
  * Periodically run RocksDB repository compaction
  * Add compression options for RocksDB repositories
  * Add synchronous flow file reloading
  * Retry failed removals of unused resources
- Use Python stable ABI to support all libraries above Python 3.2+ for
Python processors
- Add ProcessSession::remove to Python and Lua API
- Add support for JSON flow configuration format with option to generate
JSON schema locally
- Add support for reverseDnsLookup in expression language
- Fix most issues for ARM64 support
- Improve performance of ListFile processor
- Add cache SID lookups in ConsumeWindowsEventLog processor
- Add default connection size limits of 2000 queue size and 100MB of queue
data size
- Add support for MQTT 5 (mistakenly advertised for 0.13.0 release)
- Add failure relationship to SQL processors
- Add support for new AWS regions
- Add option to select processor metrics with regular expressions
- Add the UUID to the end of Processor and Controller Service log lines
- Make GetFile path attributes consistent with other processors
- Fix leaks and file lock issues on Windows
- Fix crashing in python processors

The core API is still not mature enough to be able to commit to it, so
in line with previous discussions I suggest releasing it as 0.14.0.

Do you agree it is time for a new release? Are there any blockers that we
should definitely include in this release?

Thanks,
Gabor