Hey Mike,

Thanks for the response.  Apparently OneDrive was the culprit, I had Nifi
in a OneDrive directory which I have mounted back to my WSL via /mnt/c, and
when I moved to a local directory on my C disk it worked fine.  Not sure
what the issue is, the permissions should be the same on the OneDrive
directory as far as WSL is concerned, but maybe something else is at work

In any event, thanks for the help!
Alex