Please excuse (and correct) my ignorance, but I need to clear this one up so
> I understand correctly. The purpose the mvn.template file serves is so we
> can specify exactly who can commit a Nutch maven pom. The pom in turn
> specifies the build dirs e.g. source dir as well as test dir. Then finally
> all dependencies we rely on within the project?

The purpose of mvn.template is to add more details to the pom.xml generated
from ivy. This pom file is used mostly for publishing the Nutch jar as an
artefact but some people use it to manage the dependencies, although this
can be done with Ivy without problems.

> Although I am not planning, and I'm aware we don't need to commit a Nutch
> Maven pom, is there any purpose in me committing my developer id, name and
> email to the mvn.template file? If so is the template file the only one I
> would need to provide a patch for?

Yes, most definitely. Should be the only thing to patch indeed

Julien

--
*

http://digitalpebble.blogspot.com/