I think moderators can be changed by filing a jira issue (by one of the PMC
members) to the infra project, for example see

Moderation is a simple task you just let good messages (usually|only coming
from non subscribed senders) through and forget abut the rest.

Julien: I am pretty sure I am still a moderator at dev & user - i just tried
some of the moderator commands and they were successful.
--
 Sami Siren