Hi Chris

> > -1 the versions of the deps for hadoop, tika and possibly others are not
> correct in the pom.xml found in the src archive and on the mvn repository,
> which will be a problem for whoever tries to use the pom.xml file e.g. in
> Eclipse or more annoyingly declare Nutch as a dependency with Ivy / Maven.
> Did you regenerate the pom file from the ivy one?
>
> I didn't regenerate it -- but will try and do so for RC #2.

Should have been done automatically when calling 'ant deploy' - if not
might be that the maven task jar is missing from lib

> > I remember that we mentioned delivering the content of runtime/local in
> the binary archive instead of having the sources + runtime/deploy as well.
> [..snip...]
> >  I don't think it would take much time to do that, so what about doing
> it now? We could rename the archive into apache-nutch-1.5-local-bin maybe
> to make the content clearer.
>
> +1 to the above, but I think we can just have it be apache-nutch-1.5-bin
> -- no need to rename it to local. We can just
> reference this ML thread for documentation in the future.

I've committed in trunk revision 1327896 a new ant task which will generate
a binary package as described above. You'll probably need to modify the
code for the tar / zip as well but this should give you a starting point

Thanks

Julien

--
*