Hi Seb,

On 2024/04/11 13:30:53 Sebastian Nagel wrote:

>     https://github.com/sebastian-nagel/nutch-test-single-node-cluster/

I think we should make this into an integration test suite and run it as part
of CI. I’ve been meaning and wanting to do this for the __longest__ time…!

> One note about the CHANGES.md: it's now a mixture of HTML and plain text.
> It does not use the potential of markdown, e.g. sections / headlines for
> the releases to make the change log navigable via a table of contents.
> The embedded HTML makes it less readable if viewed in a text editor.
> The rendering on Github [5] is acceptable with only minor glitches,
> mostly the placement of multiple lines in a single paragraph:
>    https://github.com/apache/nutch/blob/branch-1.20/CHANGES.md
> We also have a change log on Jira:
>    https://s.apache.org/ovjf3
> That's why I wouldn't call the CHANGES.md a "blocker". We should
> update the formatting after the release to make it again easily
> readable in source code and improve the document structure utilizing
> the markdown markup.

Excellent suggestion. I was focusing on including the hyperlinks and clearly
compromised other change log benefits. I will address this after the release.
Thank you