The history will be intact no matter where it is. It will remain BSD until
the license changes. The change should be on a branch than a single commit.
Then it is a knife edge

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregory Nutt [mailto:spudan...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 7:44 AM
To: dev@nuttx.apache.org
Subject: Re: State of Bitbucket Repsitories

> just wanted to mention that there's also an automatic mirror on Gitlab at:
>
> https://gitlab.com/nuttx

There are dozens of mirrors of the NuttX Bitbucket repositories. Google
nuttx+mirror to see some of them.

An alternative disposition of the Bitbucket repositories might be to
make them manual mirrors of the Apache repositories.  AFAIK Bitbucket
does not support automated mirroring without a plug-in. But periodic
manually mirroring of the Apache repositories would help by assuring
that the Apache licensed code is pushed out to all NuttX mirrors as well.

I really don't know what is the best thing to do.  I think, ideally,
every user and every mirror should transition to the Apache code and
that there should not be some creeping unsupported BSD version.  If
someone decides to start supporting that stranded BSD version, then you
would have a BSD fork to deal with.  And trademark issues too.  There
cannot be a different OS called NuttX; there can be only one.  I just
cannot imagine a positive scenario with retaining an unsupported BSD
version of the RTOS.  I doubt the ASF would appreciate that either?

Still just brainstorming..