+1

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregory Nutt [mailto:spudan...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2019 4:29 PM
To: dev@nuttx.apache.org
Subject: Test Repository

Looking at https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/, I see several projects,
perhaps most projects, that have a special repository just to contain
testing logic.  Often this is named <project>-testing and often is has
other names (like integration and others).

So there is a precedence for a nuttx-testing repository to hold testing
data... Things like yml files and the like.  I would much prefer to a
have a separate repository to hold test files than to contaminate the
incubator-nuttx and incubator-nuttx-apps repositories with test data.

Another thing that I note by googling ".gitmodules testing
site:github.com/apache" is that many of these testing directories also
contain submodules to coordinate testing.  I have gotten to rather like
the idea of three repositories:  incubator-nuttx, incubator-nuttx-apps,
and incubator-nuttx-testing that holds all of the test logic with we
really don't want to contaminate the user facing repositories with.
Best to put testing logic in one place and keep the end-user
repositories as clean as possible to support the user needs.

Greg