Greg,

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregory Nutt [mailto:spudan...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2019 4:32 PM
To: dev@nuttx.apache.org
Subject: Re: Test Repository

> Looking at https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/, I see several projects,
> perhaps most projects, that have a special repository just to contain
> testing logic.  Often this is named <project>-testing and often is has
> other names (like integration and others).
>
> So there is a precedence for a nuttx-testing repository to hold
> testing data... Things like yml files and the like.  I would much
> prefer to a have a separate repository to hold test files than to
> contaminate the incubator-nuttx and incubator-nuttx-apps repositories
> with test data.
>
> Another thing that I note by googling ".gitmodules testing
> site:github.com/apache" is that many of these testing directories also
> contain submodules to coordinate testing.  I have gotten to rather
> like the idea of three repositories:  incubator-nuttx,
> incubator-nuttx-apps, and incubator-nuttx-testing that holds all of
> the test logic with we really don't want to contaminate the user
> facing repositories with.  Best to put testing logic in one place and
> keep the end-user repositories as clean as possible to support the
> user needs.

I know, I am violating my own principles.  We should not really be
discussing testing repository organization UNTIL we have established,
agreed-upon workflow requirements.  We don't have any such requirements
so just think of this as idle talk.  For me it clarifies my position on
this.  I am not in favor of any mechanization that keeps the end-user
repositories and clean as possible.

Greg

>I am not in favor of any mechanization that keeps the end-user
repositories and clean as possible.

Is it?

s/not/now