Hi Greg,

I have used Bit bucket and Github and others SCM. I have had more positive
Github experiences

For me Github has always been a better tool except for the killer feature on
BB of meld like diff.

I am not working against anyone. I am trying to share what I know about GH,
the mistakes I have made with it and do not want to repeat.

I do not want to limit anyone's ability to do their work their way [GREEN
and CLEAN]

Can we all agree: That we do not want a github NOOB  to define a github work
flow?
Can we all agree: That we do not want a patch NOOB  to define a patch work
flow?

> I don't know if Bitbucket supported changing the base of a PR like github
> does. But PRs were a nightmare in that
> environment.  I think they will work better for us because we have more
> process in place to deal with them.

>When you are set up to handle PRs they are sweet.

If we are using github, yes they are. The argument about pr braches in the
repo is pointless.

Look at the website repos. Look what github does for a committer vs a
contributor.

Committer - 2 options commit to master or branch in it the repo
Contributor - fork is created.

When I (as a committer) did a PR via the web UI - which is 100% appropriate
for what it was doing.

Notice what happened in the repo.

See https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx-website/branches

Now do you see why the argument makes sense?

Are we going to prohibit this? Think about the ramification. We as
committers will not be able to use the UI when it makes sense.

David