I was going to only apply it to the os repo so we have one place to triage/manage and people might not know where to file an issue or I might span both. We can use labels to further filter, this is how I usually see it done for projects with multiple repos.

We can always enable the apps one later if it makes more sense.
Historically, people have use both depending on the repository that contains the issue.  This will certainly come up again when we try to explain people why we do not accept issues in the apps/ repository.