I am for option 3 FIX THE WINDOWS NATIVE SUPPORT
Okay.  Let's consider the status quo unacceptable.  The status quo being that Windows Native support is a DIY project and not necessarily ready for use "out of the box."  That brings us back to a binary decision Remove or Fix (which is easier to vote on).
An initial effort is worth updating the support and I we can add a native
test environment to be sure that it builds daily

What would be really helpful would be to get some help from someone who actually has solid Windows experience and can crank out .bat files in their sleep.

Most of use here are from a Linux/Open-Source background and just don't have such good Windows skills.