Hello, all,

I spent that last two days working on the Windows Native build (just a few hours a day) and I want to report that the Native windows build is now mostly functional.  I can build NuttX directly in a Windows CMD.exe shell!

As a proof of concept, this says that the Native build is not so far behind as we feared.  There are the major obstacles I had to solve:

 * Tool problems.  getting and install GNUWin32, Kconfig-frontends for
   Windows, MinGW, ConEmu.  And, worse, getting the PATH variables just
   right.
 * And CURDIR.  CURDIR is pretty maddening on Windows Native. That is a
   variable set by GNU make that indicates the current working
   directory.  Using the Windows GNUWin32 tools it behaves very odd:
   It does start the paths with C: or D: or whatever, but then it uses
   forward slashes for the path segment delimiter.  I think in the
   Windows Native environment we have to use the Windows environment
   variable %CD% to get a properly formatted current work directory path.

This is not to say that this is a 100% stable development platform.  There are still a few dangling, loose ends that I am aware and most likely more that I am not aware of.  Here is what I know:

 * The GNUWin32 command "mkdir -p <dirpath>" creates a directory call -p.
 * I see  messages in the make output that inidicate that there are
   other issue.  Like:  'Invalid switch - "Make.dep".

So basic functionality is there, but any real use would need to spend a few days in further clean-up. I think with a little day-by-day usage it could mature the rest of the way quickly.

Greg