On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 10:37 AM Gregory Nutt <spudan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> mallinfo is not a strong argument, but sigqueue() is a better argument.

Yes, but like mallinfo, I'm sure we'll run into other cases where
changing the interface will result in having incompatible function
signatures to other standard systems (e.g., Linux).

I find it strange that after 21 years, more toolchains and software
projects haven't adopted C99. Twenty-one years!!

So, I would suggest to remain C89 compliant with the configurable
option to be either *strict* C89 (at the cost of losing some
standards-compliance with other stuff) or *loose* C89 (to gain better
standards-compliance with other stuff), the term "loose" meaning that
we can, for example, pass structs. But only if the user configures us
to do so.

Cheers,
Nathan