On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 10:45 AM Gregory Nutt <spudan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The new logo could be viewed online here:
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NUTTX/New+Apache+Nuttx+Logo
> > Please give your feedback and suggestoion.
>
> Are there any updates on the proposed new NuttX logos?  We stopped
> discussing this with no follow through plan.
>
> I suppose that with no additional action, the default position is that
> we do not change logos.
>
> I think that what is missing in the current logos is a message. What is
> it that we want to convey with a new logo.  Without a message, it is
> arbitrary artwork and there is nothing to motivate a selection.  Perhaps
> we need some marketing folks involved as well as graphic designers?

Forgive me if this was done and I missed it, but...

I think we should have some kind of NuttX new logo "contest" (no
actual prize for winning, except that the winner gets a warm fuzzy
feeling inside, and the project adopts their logo). The contest should
be open for some predefined length of time, allowing people enough
time to think and experiment with logo concepts. Once the deadline
arrives, we as a community would vote for the best logo out of all the
entries. If we go this route, then as a community we need to make up
an announcement, which would then be posted to all NuttX channels
(e.g., here on dev@, at the LinkedIn group, etc) to maximize the
number of participants. The point is that it should be open to
everyone to contribute a logo for consideration.

Nathan