From: Brennan Ashton [mailto:bash...@brennanashton.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2020 11:07 PM
To: dev@nuttx.apache.org
Subject: Organising Release Notes for 9.1

I figured this might be better to break off of the release discussion.
So Nathan has done an awesome job getting a start on the release notes for
9.1, but so far he has done all of the work and it is a little hard to see
where we have left off and to work together adding the content.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NUTTX/NuttX+9.1

I wanted to propose we try the GitHub Projects feature to organize progress
for this.  I created a board that is linked here
https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx/projects/1

It has four columns.
 * To-Do, where all merged PRs will show up, I prepopulated it manually
with all the PR since we branched 9.0 from now on this should be automatic.
  * In-Progress, someone has "claimed it" and are working on getting it in
the doc, hopefully this is a small list mostly to keep from stepping on
each other.
  * Added, the PR is now in the release note in some way.
  * Not Applicable, the PR is CI or something the end user does not care
too much about. OR this is something that is already in the last release or
a backport PR etc...

One thing I found is that using this view it was really easy to see what PR
are already backported and it was super helpful that the backports usually
included the PR # (lets do this when we branch 9.1).  I think this helps
resolve the question of trying to figure out what was already merged.

Note I only did this on the OS repo and not Apps.  I will happily do it
there as well, but I wanted to check in with all of you first.  Also Nathan
if you can clue me in where you left off I would happily update the board
to reflect it.

Also over 300 PR have made it in. since the last release, hopefully we can
continue to get some new names in there.

--Brennan