From: Nathan Hartman [mailto:hartman.nat...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2020 6:23 AM
To: dev@nuttx.apache.org
Subject: Re: Organising Release Notes for 9.1

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 7:58 AM David Sidrane <david.sidr...@nscdg.com>
wrote:
> I think _Every PR_ needs a description do begin to be a responsible and
> professional contribution. The small extra level of effort will keep the
> team informed and provide the documentation for the release process. We
> should not have to reverse engineer intent to get the one line "what" and
> "why" of the PRs.

Agreed. Maybe the PR template should include a mandatory Release Notes
section. It doesn't have to be publication-ready text, but it should
be good enough that when release time comes around it becomes a simple
matter to go through PRs, copy-and-paste the text into the appropriate
places in the release notes, and maybe edit to make the text flow
well. If nothing should go in the release notes, e.g., it's just
nxstyle or CI, then write "None." But it will depend on the project's
committers to enforce this, and whoever does the merge should do a
little due diligence and make sure it doesn't just say "None" if it's
a change that should be mentioned in the release notes.

Nathan