On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 10:13 PM Brennan Ashton <bash...@brennanashton.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 22, 2020, 5:38 PM Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 4:46 PM Abdelatif Guettouche
> > <abdelatif.guettou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I created a PR copying the release notes from Confluence to ReleaseNote
> > file.
> > > I did not copy the "Compatibility Concerns" part, that's valuable
> > > information but I don't think it belongs to that file, just because
> > > there is a lot of explanation and code snippets which are not well
> > > suited for the template of that file.
> > > Speaking of which, I believe we should reconsider the ReleaseNote file
> > > and its content.  It's hard to navigate a 27K+ file.   That's a
> > > discussion for another thread, just put it here as a reminder for
> > > myself.
> >
> > Hmmm... I believe that the whole point of Release Notes is to point
> > out things like Compatibility Concerns that our downstream users and
> > developers will want to know about before they attempt to update and
> > learn the hard way that their code doesn't build or doesn't run
> > correctly. But that's just my opinion. Let's see what others think.
> >

> Nathan,
> Do you want to make any of these changes for this release? I would like to
> bring the Release Notes in the to release branch to cut a release in the
> next few hours.
>
> I agree that we should probably have some discussion about release notes
> and documentation going forward.

I think it's best to proceed with the release candidate as-is.

I agree with Abdelatif that the release notes file is beginning to grow too
large to add so much new information to it, so I think that we should as a
community discuss how to deal with this moving forward. For now, the
information is  documented at the wiki.

Thanks,
Nathan