Hi,
I started a new thread since the "Markdown READMEs" one was already too long
and it is probably best to leave that one for the Markdown conversion effort on
its own.
The last couple of days Brennan, Adam and me managed to build a working demo of
the proposed documentation system. We used a separate repo since the CI jobs
we're using (GitHub pages based) are not compatible with the main repo (I
believe) and to build up something worth showing before opening a PR. You can
see the result at: https://v01d.github.io/incubator-nuttx/docs/index.html

is done we would again use Documentation/
2. on each push documentation is built using CI and sent to gh-pages branch.
code related jobs do not run for changes under doc/ to speed up PR reviewing.
3. most of the pages are stubs indicating its intended purpose, this is to be
filled later
4. the two sections worth pointing out are "Introduction" and "C coding
standard" under "Contributing". These are the result of automatic conversion
and then manual editing of NuttX.html (done by Adam) and
NuttXCCodingStandard.html (done by me), respectively. The "details" part of
"supported platforms" is not yet fixed since we wanted to get feedback before
continuing. The coding standard should be completely converted.

As for CI, Brennan mentioned that once integrated on the final repo we would
probably have a job on nuttx repo that triggers the website repo rebuild. Thus,
it would be the website repo that does the build and deploy itself. The nuttx
repo can still do the build for checking on PRs but it would not make the
deploy.

What do you think? It would be nice to receive confirmation that this is also
pleasing by other users before continuing with the effort. Also, in that case
we can clean up these changes and start a PR on the main repo and start trying
the final CI approach. After that we could finalize migration of the most
important parts of the previous docs (mainly the HTMLs).

Best,
Matias